The affairs of the University are under general control of the governing council, which has super-intendance over policy formulation, finances and property of the University including public relations.
The council is presently composed as follows:
2. Vice Chancellor-Member
3. Deputy Vice Chancellors-Member
4. External members appointed by the state Government
5. Representative of the state ministry of Finance-Member
6. Representative of the state Ministry of Education-Member
7. Representatives of state - Member
8. Representative of Congregation - Member
9. Representative of Alumni Association - Member
The Registrar - Secretary
The Governor of the state is the Visitor. The Visitor has power to conduct a Visitation to the University at any time he chooses.
The Council is the supreme governing authority of the University responsible for decisions on issues which have financial implications, the general management of the affairs of the University, and in particular, the control property and expenditures of the University. The Council had powers to do anything within the law that, in its opinion, can facilitate the smooth running of the University.
The Council is made up of capable of men and women. The Pro-Chancellor is the Chairman the Council which also includes in its membership the Vice Chancellor, the Deputy Vice Chancellor as well as representatives of senate and the congregation of the University. Most of the work of the Council is carried out in between meetings, by its standing committee including the F& G.P.C and the Appointments and Promotion Committee
Student representative are to serve on the following Board and committees of the University:
- Physical Planning ,Development and Estimate Committee
- Student Disciplinary Committee
- Ceremonial and Honorary degree Committee
- Board Of Health
- Students Welfare Committee
- Committee on Sport and cultural Activities.